Ancient Sculpture, Angkor, Cambodia, 1968
Photograph by W. E. Garrett
Centuries of dormancy allowed the Cambodian jungle ample time to consume the work of Khmer artists in the sprawling Angkor temple complex. Built beginning in A.D. 800, Angkor was the capital of the Khmer kingdom until about A.D. 1430, when its leaders abandoned the site to establish a new capital at Phnom Penh.
(Photo shot on assignment for, but not published in, "Mekong: River of Terror and Hope," December 1968, National Geographic magazine)
Chamo a atenção de vocês para o ano que foi produzida esta imagem o ano de 1968.
Abraço à todos,